So there’s actually two new I ♥ My Laundry titbits I’d like to share with you.
The first is that they’ve opened a new, bigger branch in Bree St (nr 14 Bree, on the lower side, below Riebeek St).
This means you now have 2 laundry zones to chill, have some wine, eat some dim sum and of course, do your laundry. Sweet.
The second is that they do these really great Fondue nights every Thursday. Who doesn’t love a good fondue right? One of my favourite things actually.
I joined a group of friends for a I ♥ My Laundry Fondue Thursday recently and we kinda killed two birds with one stone cause not only was it our first fondue experience, but we were also the first group of people to be hosted in the new shop.
This is what is looks like inside:
Basically the fondue works like this:
- R135 per person which gets you 3 different types of fondue: a three cheese Swiss boozy one, a beef consomme and a chocolate one (which is a mix of dark & white melted chocolaty goodness).
- This is then paired with various meats, veggies and sweets for the ultimate dip, cook & melt spread.
- Wine is not included in the price, but I ♥ My Laundry is known for their really great, well priced wine options, so the wine lovers out there will still have plenty to smile about.
Booking is essential though cause these fondue evenings have quickly become a hot ticket in town.
In their Buitengracht St branch they can seat up to 14 people for fondue, and in the new Bree St venue they can fit up to 35. (small groups might end up sharing tables with others – but hey, fondue is all about sharing)
To book, contact them on:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 074 992 1481 (59 Buitengracht St branch) or 073 939 7619 (14 Bree St branch)
Oh and if you do pop into the new Bree St branch, also make sure you leave your mark on their Twitter wall. A first in SA (as far as we know).