This Saturday, 18 Oct 2014, the Stellenbosch Slow Market is hosting a special Craft Beer Fest. It’s expected to be a beautifully sunny day i.e. perfect weather for some serious beer appreciation. 😉
What’s on the cards?
- A variety of top, local craft beer producers, including award-winning Stellenbrau which recently competed against breweries from 43 other countries at the 2014 Global Craft Beer competition in Germany & walked away with top honours when it was awarded gold for its Craven Craft Lager.
- You also better come hungry, because there will be lots of German-inspired culinary delights on offer, including: authentic German cakes and artisanal bakes from Arnim von Werne, smoked trout sandwiches from Harty’s Trout, and sausages of all types from Ollie’s Sausages. There’s also gonna be an extra special German Stand where you’ll be able to purchase Bratwurst, Bokwurst, Currywurst, Leberkase, Eisbein, Meatloaf, Sauerkraut and more. (Now that sounds tooooo good #GetInMyBelly)
- Then over and above all the crafty and German-inspired goodness, you can also still enjoy all the regular market treats.
Now for the important details:
- When? Saturday, 18 October; 9am till 2pm
- Where? Oude Libertas Estate, on the corner of Adam Tas & Oude Libertas Street in Stellies
- Entry cost? FREE entry – just make sure you bring along some cash (however they do also have credit card facilities & smart phone payment options available)