The Stellenbosch Slow Market is extending their hours this weekend so you can get all your Christmas shopping done early this year… High 5 to that. 🙂
Taking place today, tomorrow & Sunday, visitors can expect lots of great food and wine along with local fashion finds, décor items, one of a kind gifting ideas and more. They’re also going to be getting you into the Christmas spirit with Christmas lights & trimmings, lanterns, and even some snowflake origami I hear.
Other special mentions:
- Tonight: Astronomy experts of the University of Stellenbosch will be providing opportunities to explore the universe and full moon with world-class telescopes and equipment, offering visitors a once in a lifetime viewing experience.
- Saturday: Harck & Heart, known for their delicious German gingerbread biscuits created from a secret family recipe, invites all the little ones to help them decorate a special Christmas baked house, with one lucky winner taking Santa’s Christmas House back home with him/her.
Music will be provided by Ike Moriz at selected times (he’s the brother-in-law of Nataniël just so you know), and for the duration of the Christmas Market, the Slow Market will team up with FORCE4GOOD – a non-profit organisation who’s work includes running a soup kitchen and other feeding programs as well as day care centers for children. For only R10 (which will of course go towards the great work that they do) you will be able to write your own Christmas wish on a card which will then be hung on their festive season tree.Here’s a summary of all the NB details:
– Friday, 28 November 2014 (17:00 to 22:00)
– Saturday, 29 November 2014 (09:00 to 14:00)
– Sunday, 30 November 2014 (10:00 to 15:00)
- Where? Oude Libertas Estate, Stellenbosch – Corner of Oude Libertas Road & Adam Tas Road
- Cost? Entrance is FREE, and the amount of retail therapy you do is really up to you…
Why not swap the shopping mall madness for a bit of market chill instead?