The team at Hermanuspietersfontein is getting into the Krismis swing of things with a jam-packed calendar of events for December.
Firstly they’ve added a BIG 370 square meter tent over their Kos &Wynmark which is of course located inside the Hemel-en-Aarde Village just outside Hermanus. This means that nothing… absolutely nothing… can get in the way of your festive season celebrations:So what’s on the cards for the next few weeks then?
- Wednesday, 3 December 2014 & Wednesday, 10 December 2014: Midweek Madness (17:00 – 19:00)
Get over that mid-week slump by popping in at the Kos & Wynmark for a glass (or more) or wine along with some tempting tapas. It’s a great opportunity to shake off your day and get into that holiday spirit…
- Tuesday, 16 December 2014: Dinner with Barefoot Bella in the Cellar (18:00 for 18:30, cost R450pp)
All the way from her famous Langebaan “Huisie oppie Duin” Barefoot Bella will spoil you at one long table for an even longer lingering dinner feast. This promises to be an unforgettable evening filled with salivating surprises from her kitchen, so do make sure you don’t miss out. There’s only room for 40 guests, and to book your seat, simply pop an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, 17 December 2014: Night Market Night Market (17:00 to 20:00)
Now who doesn’t love a good night market? Enjoy a relaxed evening with family and friends while enjoying some great Overberg food & wine, listening to some live music and letting the kids burn of some energy. Think pannekoek, oysters, mussels, perlemoen, kreef, pickled fish and grilled fish, bread, olives, cheese, charcuterie, deli-style salads, greek foods and more… #yum
- Friday, 19 December 2014: Dinner with Eat Greek’s Niki in the Cellar (18:00 for 18:30, cost R350pp)
For starters? She’s not Greek so don’t expect an evening of breaking plates. Rather ready your palate for a modern melody of classic tastes in a spirit of Local is Lekker. A 3 course meal like only Niki can cook up in a cellar kitchen to go with wines selected from our our cellar. For this one there are again only 40 seats available, so book now my emailing: email@example.com
- Saturday, 20 December 2014: The Tributes and Shadow Band present: Remember when? (the evening kicks off at 18:00, cost R110pp)
Baby Boomers, this one’s for you. Bring the children and grand children and give them a hint of 50’s, 60’s and 70’s cool. Enjoy golden oldies like Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Cliff Richards, Franky Avalon and other stars. Bring your own picnic basket (they’ll have wine a plenty there), or make life easier by ordering a picnic basket when you book. Only 200 seats are available, price excludes picnic basket & wine, and bookings can be made through: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, 23 December 2014: Love to Learn 20/20 – Black Tie Braai and Charity Auction (the evening kicks off at 18:00, cost R200 pp)
Founded by Skapie, in association with Hermanus Rainbow Trust, Love to Learn 20/20 raises funds to provide technology to help prepare kids aged 5 – 8 from the local community to learn to read and write. Eleven leading cellar neighbours have graciously donated rare and significant wines for auction, and 100% of the proceeds will go to the Sondagskool Fonds. Join them for canapé style food and beautiful wine, followed by auctioneer Nic Aldona de Klerk knocking down around 24 lots of rare wines. There’s only space for 120 guests, so book your seats with: email@example.com
- Saturday, 27 December 2014: Dit is weer sulke tyd – Tribal Echo Live in Skapie’s yard (from 18:00, cost R100 pp)
This one’s become a bit of a tradition… This will be the 4th year that Frazer Barry and his lively group will get you out of your seat to scratch your feet. With half of the show’s proceeds going to the Mayoral Fund, giving back doesn’t get easier than this. Supported by cashkows.com, this is a show not to miss. Bring your own picnic basket (they’ll have wine a plenty there), or make life easier by ordering a picnic basket when you book. Only 200 seats are available, price excludes picnic basket & wine, and bookings can be made through: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, 30 December 2014: Eet Italiaans in the cellar (18:00 for 18:30, cost R350pp)
HPF invites you to: “Com’a eat’a in’a true Italian styl’a and’a bugg’a bant’ing for just’a one a night’a of your’a holiday!” Enjoy a 3 course meal by candlelight paired with authentic Afrikaans wines straight from the cellar. Only 40 seats available so “make’a da booking right’a now Per favore!” – just email: email@example.com
- Wednesday, 31 December 2014: Dance into 2015 with Lizette and Skapie! (19:00 – 02:00, cost R450pp)
If you’re planning on being in the area to usher in the new year, then look no further than this party to make it a night to remember. Free flowing wine, free flowing bubbles and lots and lots of food, along with a live DJ who will be playing music everyone will be able to sing and dance to. Book now by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW LISTEN UP, because I also have a really cool prize to give away: One lucky reader will win 2 tickets to The Tributes and Shadow Band present: Remember when? on Sat, 20 December along with a special bottle of HPF bubbly (this bubbly is only for sale at the market & only 1600 bottles were made last year).
To be in the running simply send me the following Tweet:
Hey @CTmylove I really wanna party with @hpf1855 on the 20th of December #LoveHPFWine
Or if you’re not on twitter, paste this tweet in the comments section below & make sure you enter your correct email address so I can contact you.
Please just take note of the following:
- Travel to and from the event is at your own cost.
- Only one entry per person
- Entries close at midnight on Wed, 3 Dec 2014
- The winners will be determined by lucky draw & will be announced here on my blog and on Twitter/FB on the morning of Thu, 4 Dec 2014
- There will be 1 winner winning 2 tickets + bottle of bubbly.
Good luck ladies & gents… and may the power of the Skapie be with you. 😉