G12 Runway is a very cool initiative that aims to connect up-and-coming designers with Grade 12 learners who are currently dreaming about that perfect Matric dance dress.
The competition which launched on the 22nd of June (and which closes again on 30 June) has two entry sections:
- Designers: Open to any Fashion Designers looking to gain more exposure. Design students need to send in a design of what they think is a really creative gown.
- Learners: Open to all Grade 12 School learners. Learners need to send in their motivation as to why they deserve a designer dress.
The best 5 of each category will be chosen to showcase their work in a spectacular fashion show, and then the final 3 from each category will be chosen as the ultimate winners of some incredible prizes:
- For the designer winners:
- The opportunity to be trained by top designers to enhance their design skills
- As well as the opportunity to join the Cape Town Fashion Council program
- And of course a showcase of their designs at the fashion show
- For the learner winners:
- A garment made especially for them for their special day
- A fantastic pair of Designer Errol Arendz shoes
- Nails done by Candy nails bar
- And make up for the night