Wine lovers take note: Wacky Wine is happening 1 – 4 June 2017 and you DO NOT want to miss out.
Taking place in the Robertson Wine Valley, the festival promises lots of great wine, great food, live music, outdoor adventures, arts & crafts, kids entertainment and other general awesomeness.
But how does the festival work? Well it doesn’t take place at one central venue, instead you can hop from farm to farm over the 4 days. There are over 40 participating wine farms, boutique wineries & tourist venues from the Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor and Robertson region on the agenda this year. These will be offering wine-tastings, food & wine pairings, wine educationals, cellar tours, private tastings, various entertainment options and more.
Check out the full weekend programme over here which lists the activities offered by each place.
Tickets cost R180 pp for a weekend pass (under 18s get in for free) and you can select from various passport collection points. Your weekend pass (or passport) gives you:
- Access to all participating wineries from Thursday to Sunday
- A complimentary wine glass & wristband
- 6 wine tasting coupons per winery
- As well as a bottle of Healthy Mineral Water (we all know it’s important to stay hydrated!)
For the other activities on the programme – Most are included in your weekend pass; others work on a pay as you go system.
Of course all of this wine indulgence cannot be enjoyed without planning ahead to ensure that no drinking & driving takes place. To help you there are various transport options available (find details on the Wacky Wine website over here), and you’re also encouraged to stay over (check out accommodation options at www.robertsonwinevalley.com).
Tickets are available from Webtickets… BUT if you hold on a bit, you may win some here! I have 2 sets of double weekend passes to give away, so that’s 2 winners winning 2 passes each (valued at R180 pp).
Just think about it, you could be enjoying life just like these fine folks…
Hey @CTmylove I’d love to win those weekend passes to @Wacky_Wine on 1 – 4 Jun #LoveWackyWine
(Orif you’re not on Twitter, copy & paste the tweet as a blog comment below)
Then just take note of the following T&Cs:
- Travel to/from the event is for your own cost – same goes for accommodation if you wish to stay over
- Only one entry per person
- Entries close at midnight on Thu, 18 May 2017
- The winners will be determined by lucky draw & will be announced here on my blog and on Twitter/FB on Fri, 19 May 2017
- There will be 2 winners winning 2 weekend passes each
Don’t delay – get those entries in! To further tempt you, I’m going to leave you with some more photos from last year’s Wacky Wine…