People of the West Coast, the new Table Bay Mall is opening tomorrow at 9am sharp, so you better get those credit cards ready! Think 65,000m2 of retail space, more than 150 shops & restaurants, local and international brands, flagships stores and everything else your retail-loving heart could ever desire.
Situated on the corner of the R27 (West Coast Road) and Berkshire Boulevard in Sunningdale, the Table Bay Mall will be the largest regional mall in the area and is definitely set to become the new retail hub of Cape Town’s West Coast.
I was part of a group that got a little sneak peek of the mall before its grand opening and I have to say, it really is quite impressive. The mall’s design was inspired by the world’s most elegant super yachts, so expect to see lots of curved, flowing lines and striking maritime-inspired features.
Let me show you what I mean:
And the bathrooms? It’s the stuff luxury hotels are made of I tell ya:
Here’s a quick summary of what you can expect to see at the Table Bay Mall:
- Anchor brand tenants such as Woolworths, H&M, Pick n Pay and Checkers, Dis-Chem, Cape Union Mart, Coricraft, Poetry, Cotton On, Exclusive Books, Clicks, @Home and Mr Price Clothing/Home/Sport
- Cafe style eateries such as Melissa’s, Mugg & Bean and Mythos, a variety of fast food outlets such as Burger King, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, Steers and KFC, and family restaurants that include Spur and Ocean Basket
- Banks & other service providers
- Five court spaces for exhibitions, displays and events
- Entertainment options that include an indoor trampoline park called 23 Jump Street
- And then finally a brand new Virgin Active gym right next door to the mall
Oh and parking? They got plenty: 1,300 outside and 2,000 undercover parking bays accessible to the retail level via three lobbies. Boom.
So ja, lots to see and do at the Table Bay Mall. Luckily for you they’re open 7 days a week from 9am to 7pm.xxx