If you think the Table Mountain Cableway is just for tourists, think again! Now locals can head up for a beautiful sunset ride at half the price.
This awesome half-price sunset special is running until Wednesday 28 February 2018 (excluding high season, 18 December 2017 – 3 January 2018) and is available to South Africans only. #High5ToThat
To take advantage, just remember to take along your South African ID to qualify. Sunset Special tickets can be purchased online or throughout the day of your visit at the Cableway’s Ticket Office.
The Sunset Special ticket is valid from 6pm daily, which of course is a great time to capture photos of our incredible city at “golden hour”.
Just some important Sunset Special items to take note of:
- Adults pay R137,50 and children aged 4–17 pay R62,50. Children under 4 are free.
- Tickets are limited so pre-booking online from tablemountain.net is recommended.
- Sunset Special tickets can be purchased at the Cableway’s Ticket Office throughout the day.
- You need to have a valid South African ID number on hand for every ticket that is purchased.
- When purchasing Sunset Special tickets for children ID numbers are not required.
- The last car down is at 8pm.
- You can get real-time weather and operational updates by visiting the Cableway’s website, checking out Twitter or Facebook or by calling 021-424-8181.
- There is FREE WiFi at the Lower Cableway Station. Use this to download the free Table Mountain Cableway audio tours via the Voicemap app (available from Apple App or Google Play stores). Once downloaded, these tours run offline. They’ll provide you with in-queue entertainment at the bottom and enable you to explore the top of the mountain.
- Obviously, the Cableway operation is weather permitting.
- Remember to take a warm top, even if it’s warm down on ground level, it can get quite chilly up on the top.