On the 2nd & 3rd of Feb 2018 the Zando Cape Town 10s will once again be rocking Capetonians with one of the most popular social sport & entertainment festivals around. Celebrating their 10th anniversary, this year’s festival will feature 8 different sporting codes (that’s 4 more than last year!) including rugby, netball, dodgeball, beach volleyball as well as the newly introduced sports of 5 aside soccer and hockey, the ‘Run the 10s’ fun run and a unique fitness event.
Over the years, the Cape Town 10s has featured a number of memorable moments, including guest appearances by the world’s greatest sporting legends: the late, great Jonah Lomu, Tana Umaga, Christian Cullen, Bryan Habana and former Protea skipper Graeme Smith. So who knows who you may run into this year…
For those who are less fussed about the sport and more interested in the supporters festivities, there’s also some top SA entertainment on the cards including Fokofpolisiekar, GoodLuck, Sketchy Bongo, DJ Sox, Majozi, the Light Years and many more who will all take to the stage inside Africa biggest beer tent.
Launched in 2009 by rugby legends Bob Skinstad, Rob Fleck and their long-standing friend Ron Rutland, the event has come a long way since its start with 22 rugby teams which this year has climbed to a whopping total of 350 teams. So lots of action for sure.
Here’s a summary of all the need-to-knows:
- Dates: 2 & 3 February 2018
- Venue: Hamilton Rugby Club in Green Point
- Ticket Price: R150 for Friday pass, R210 for Saturday pass & R310 for weekend pass
- Tickets available from: https://www.zando.co.za/zando-10s/cape-town/
BUT before you go ahead and book those tickets, you may get lucky here… You see I have 3 weekend passes valued at R310 each to give away to 3 lucky Cape Town My Love readers.
To be in the running, simply complete the following 2 steps:
- Share my Facebook post about the competition with your friends (I’ll pin it to the top of my FB page)
- Leave a comment here below on this blog post telling me what you’re looking forward to most at this year’s Zando Cape Town 10s
Entries will close at midnight on Sat, 27 Jan & the 3 winners will be announced on Sun, 28 Jan here on the blog and on Facebook/Twitter.
Just also take note of the following T&Cs:
- Travel to/from the festival is for your own cost
- Only one entry per person
- The winners will be determined by lucky draw (you just need to complete both steps as noted above)
- There will be 3 winners winning 1 weekend pass each