Regular readers will know that I’m a huge La Mouette fan (78 Regent Road,
Sea Point) – especially when it comes to their amazing 6 course tasting menus.
On Sunday eve I popped in again to try their Autumn menu before it gets replaced by a new Winter menu early in May… Let’s have a look at what’s on this baby:
- # 1: Sweet potato soup tomato harissa, yoghurt, truffle and cheese croquettes
- # 2: Butternut and fontina raviolis butternut purée, pickled apple, sage noisette
- # 3: Pan fried line fish fricassee of gnocchi, carrot emulsion, capers, aubergine puree, braised beef
Beetroot tartare smoked goats cheese, hazelnuts, toast
- # 4: Roasted chicken caramelised onions, wilted spinach, mash potato, thyme jus
Mushroom risotto parmesan foam, mushroom ‘caviar’ and crispy mushrooms
- # 5: Waldorf salad gorgonzola, celeriac puree, green apple jelly, candied walnuts, grapes
- # 6: Chocolate orange chocolate ganache, orange sorbet, almond finaciers, orange puree
Sounds good right? Damn straight it does. And this is what it looks like:
My absolute favourite dishes were the butternut and fontina raviolis, those truffle and cheese croquettes that comes paired with the soup (these are a La Mouette signature & they are soooooo good) and then that dessert. But in true La Mouette style, everything’s really carefully prepared, beautifully displayed and packed with interesting flavours.
This menu comes at only R185 per person (R295 if you opt for wine pairing) and if you still want to catch it, get your butts over there before we hit May.
La Mouette is open 7 days a week:
- Lunch: Sun 12:00 – 3:00 pm
- Dinner: Mon – Sun 6:00 – 10:00 pm
And to make a reservation, call them on 021 433 0856 or drop them an email at email@example.com