So if you haven’t yet finalised your plans for this weekend, why not opt for a day of great live entertainment in support of a really great cause?
This coming Saturday, Ray-Ban is hosting OneSight Acoustics – a live music event with the aim to raise funds for international organisation OneSight.
A bit more about the OneSight:
- OneSight stands for the belief that sight is a basic human right and therefore that all people deserve access to quality vision care.
- The global vision crisis affects more than half a billion people whose sight could be restored with an eye exam and a pair of glasses.
- Over the past 25 years OneSight have helped 8.4 million people in 40 countries.
What to expect on the day:
- Music performances by singer-songwriter Arno Carstens, an acoustic set by aKing featuring Laudo Liebenberg and Henie van Halen and 5-piece symphonic indie rock band Al Bairre.
- MC for the day will be funny man Rob van Vuuren (love him – he’ll be sure to keep the crowd smiling)
- And it all promises to be family-friendly day out with food stalls, wine, beer & soft drink options on sale. OR why not pack a picnic basket & blanket and spend the day chilling on the grass.
Ray-Ban’s goal is to raise R130 000 for OneSight, with the money specifically going towards the annual Vision Clinics hosted across South Africa.
Wanna help them reach that goal? Then take note of the following:
- When? Sat, 23 Nov 2013. Gates will open at 11am. Entertainment kicks off at 2pm.
- Where? Backsberg Wine Estate, R45, near Paarl.
- Tickets? R150 for adults. Kids over 6 (and up to 18 ) R80. Kids under 6 free. Tickets are available from Plankton.mobi over here.