Something you’re definitely going to want to add to your festive season to do list is a night at the ballet.
It’s beautiful, it’s graceful and there are hot boys in super tight pants OK. 😉
But seriously, ballet is just one of those truly special art forms that stays with you well after watching a performance… And I for one really am HUGE fan.
- What’s it about? Based on the well-known story by Hans Christian Anderssen, Robin van Wyk’s brand new ballet, The Tin Soldier, is an enchanting fairytale ballet which will thrill young and old with its love story full of adventure, phantasy and humour.
Accompanied by the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra (except for 13 & 24 Dec when recorded music will be used)
- When? 11 – 24 December 2013
- Cost? R125 – R225
Belles & Beaux
- What’s it about? In Belles & Beaux the company will show off their skills as they perform a variety of works from modern to classical ballets. Cape Town City Ballet will charm audiences with a display of their interpretative and technical flair in this programme of varying styles, featuring some of the best female and male roles in the ballet repertoire. All performances with soundtrack.
- When? 18 – 22 December 2013.
- Cost? R125 – R220
Night & Day
- What’s it about? Night & Day is a slick and sizzling tribute to Cole Porter, considered one of the best songwriters of all times. With lavish costumes, toe-tapping rhythms and memorable tunes, the dancers will treat audiences to an evening of top entertainment. All performances with soundtrack and live musician.
- When? 31 December 2013 – 11 January 2014. (Special performance at 9pm on 31 Dec)
- Cost? R250
Bookings for all of these can be done via Computicket or by calling Artscape-dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695.
There are also special discount packages available for groups of 10 OR a 2 or 3 show combo ticket.
See you guys at the ballet.