Short & Sweet, my favourite short film festival, is back with their 4th official Film Experience series which is kicking off next Tuesday, 23 September.
This season they’ve partnered with the “delightfully peculiar” Hendrick’s Gin (so that means lots of G&Ts!) and they’ve once again found their home in the Mother City’s most amazing Old World theatre over at the Old German Club. (it really is such a cool little theatre, if you haven’t yet seen it, all the more reason to go)
For those who have not yet had the pleasure of attending any of the previous Short & Sweet film festivals, this is what to expect:
- Every week they will showcase a hand selected bouquet of 8 short films, animations and music videos. AND as a Short & Sweet veteran, I can tell you that these shorts will stir up all kinds of emotions. You may laugh, you may cry, but one thing’s for certain, you’ll leave there completely inspired.
You can arrive early and grab a bite to eat, a drink at the bar and even stock up on some popcorn. I’ve actually been told that season 4 will feature flamboyant food trucks with new menus every week, art exhibitions, jaw-splitting ‘Lume’ light painting displays, multiple screens, video mapping and a “proliferation of potent potions” courtesy of Hendrick’s Gin.
Catch this film experience every Tuesday from 23 September to 28 October. Tickets are only R60 and can be purchased via the Short & Sweet website.
For further updates you can also check out the Short & Sweet Facebook page – and then have a look at the poster below for all the other nitty-gritty details:
BUT BEFORE YOU GO, I also have some rather cool news: I’ve been given 2 sets of double tickets to the opening night next Tuesday (23 Sep). Each ticket also includes some complimentary popcorn as well as a Hendrick’s Gin Cocktail per person.
To be in the running, simply send me the following tweet:
Hey @CTmylove I’d love to attend @shortandsweetCT on Tue, 23 Sep #LoveShortFilmsWin
Or if you’re not on twitter, paste this tweet in the comments section below & make sure you enter your correct email address so I can contact you.
Please just take note of the following:
- You have to be Cape Town based or be willing to travel to Cape Town at your own cost
- Only one entry per person
- Entries close at midnight on Sun, 21 Sep 2014
- The winners will be determined by lucky draw & will be announced here on my blog and on Twitter/FB on the morning of Mon, 22 Sep 2014
- The 2 winners will get 2 entry tickets each (each ticket also comes with complimentary popcorn & one Hendrick’s Gin Cocktail per person)
Good luck everyone. 🙂