Every year, the Santa Shoebox Project collects and distributes gift boxes to underprivileged children across South Africa and Namibia. It’s an incredible initiative which I try to support every year, because I used to love Christmas morning as a kid (and was extremely blessed to be able to) and it’s absolutely heartbreaking to think about all the little ones out there that don’t get to experience that same joy.
This year their goal is 100 000 boxes and so far pledges have reached the 80% mark. But as well all now, getting that last 20% can be the toughest challenge…
Helping is super easy:
- Become a supporter by registering over here
- Log in & select your pledges (TIP: I see Cape Town Central is fully pledged, but there are still lots of kids if you select Southern Suburbs / Northern Suburbs / West Blouberg – and from what I understand, you can still drop off at the CTICC)
- Then start filling those boxes! Not sure what to put in the box? No stress. They guide you through the entire process with all the info you need on how to pack your box over here.
OR, until 26 October you can also head over to Canal Walk to sort out your boxes at The Little Elves Pop-Up Shop (you can register there as well):
Then for the drop off:
- Find your nearest drop off location over here (also includes info on drop off dates)
- However for Cape Town, they’re doing a SUPER-SIZED Santa’s Workshop style drop off point at the CTICC & they’re inviting all children, with their families to come and check it out. It will be a carnival atmosphere with the main halls being transformed into Santa’s Workshop that will not only receive 35 000 boxes, but will also showcase dancers, singers, face painters, magicians, balloon artists and even your favourite DJ’s and actors on a centre stage surrounded by mountains of Santa Shoeboxes. All this action will be going down on these dates:
– Saturday 1 November 2014 from 09:00 to 18:00
– Sunday 02 November 2014 from 09:00 to 15:00
They are also looking for volunteers:
- Volunteers are still needed in all areas to work at Drop Off, especially at the CTICC.
- Please register through the website or if you have registered before, but need more information, please contact your local coordinator.
- OR you can email email@example.com should you wish to work at the CTICC
So come on guys, get your pledge on today and become the cause of big smiles… big smiles just like these:xxx