If hot rods, custom motorcycles, burlesque, roller derby and all things 50s is your thing, then the Rockabilly Festival brought to you by Dusty Rebels and the Bombshells will be right up your alley.
Taking place this Saturday, 8 Nov 2014, at the Cape Town Ostrich Ranch just outside Cape Town, the festival promises to be a great day out for both young & old, with activities including the following:
- Classic car & bike shows
- Live entertainment by some of SA’s top Rockabilly & Psychobilly bands
- Burlesque performances
- An art installation
- Bike Polo matches
- Dancing by Boogie Back Dance Company
- The Cape Town Roller Derby Girls doing a mini bout
- An opportunity to get your hair & make-up done 50s style, or maybe even get a tattoo.
- Rockabilly clothing & accessories will be for sale.
- A kiddies play area for the little ones.
- Obviously no festival is complete without a fully stocked bar…
- And then food, glorious food! Various food trucks will be serving lots of tasty things.
If you have a classic car or custom bike, you also have the opportunity to take that baby for a ride on the Dickies Dirt Track. You will just need to pre-register over here. Or if you don’t want to worry about driving home that evening, you can also camp out, just let them know by registering over here. (the camping option costs R300 pp but includes entrance to the festival)
The first festival which took place last year attracted more than 1500 people, with some coming as far as Germany to attend. But this year they’re aiming to go even bigger & better. So if you didn’t have any plans for Saturday, why not join in on all the Rockabilly madness.
Here’s a summary of all the NB details:
- When? Sat, 8 November 2014 from 12pm to midnight
- Where? Cape Town Ostrich Ranch, Van Schoorsdrif Rd, Philadelphia off N7, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa (25km from CT)
- Cost? R200 Adults online / R250 adults at the gate / R50 Children 3 – 12yrs. Online tickets are available via Webtickets over here.