It’s time once again for the Wavescape Surf Film Festival and I for one am very excited… I mean what’s not to love: The beach, the fresh ocean air, hanging with friends, tasty picnic snacks and then some great films to top it all off. I’d say that’s as close to perfection as you’re ever gonna get.
There are 6 films on the cards this year. These will be shown on a big outdoor screen on Clifton 4th from 9pm onwards, BUT you’re advised to get there early to secure your spot & also enjoy the sunset.
This is what the film lineup looks like:
- Ode to simplicity by Andrew Strode I 5 min
- Disguised by Nature by Dan Mace I 10 min
- Edges of Sanity by Chris McClean I 8 min
- The Mill Park Series Launch Video by Rowen Smith I 3 min
- I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night by Dustin Humphrey I 37 min
- Pipeline & Kelly Slater; Wave of the Winter Documentary by Marc Beaty I 32 min
And then these are all the important details to take note of:
- When? Saturday, 6 December 2014 – movies kick off at 9pm
- Where? Clifton 4th beach
- Cost? It’s FREE!!
- What to bring? A blanket, some picnic snacks & maybe also something warm for later on (we all know Cape Town weather can be quite unpredictable)
(Check out info on their FB event page over here as well)
ALSO BE SURE TO keep an eye out for the Save Our Seas Foundation #goodsharkkarma team who will be spreading some shark awesomeness from 4pm onwards. Because come now, we all know these amazing creatures have gotten quite the bad rep over the years, and we can definitely all do our bit to change these negative perceptions and celebrate the crucial role they play in our ocean’s ecosystem.So I’ll see you guys on the beach, and then I hope you’re having an awesome Monday so far, because it’s December baby!