All of the action went down in the elegant dining room of the hotel’s Peach Tea Restaurant where Tsogo Sun Sommelier, Georgio Meletiou, shared his top wine tasting tips & tricks with us.To simplify the often complex world of wine tasting, Georgio broke it down into 4 easy steps:
1. Check for clarity.
2. Give the wine a quick swirl to release the aromas.
3. Nose the wine – ie. get your nose in there and give it a good sniff. Remember to take note of the aromas you pick up.
4. Finally, you can go ahead and taste the wine. Just be sure to take a big enough sip to completely cover your palate.
This was yet another great evening coordinated by the Come Wine With Us team. Not only was the food, wine & company top notch, but I also picked up some cool wine tricks & facts that I’ll be sure to flaunt at the next dinner party.
Be sure not to miss out on their next event which is taking place on Wed, 1 July 2015:
- Christmas in July with Durbanville Hills
- R320pp (includes the option of transport from the V&A Waterfront to the Durbanville Hills Wine Farm & back)
- Get all the details on how to secure your seat over here: http://comewinewithus.co.za/2015/06/durbanville-hills-cape-town-july-2015/
I really love Durbanville Hills, so I just know this one will be a really fun night out.