So… I’ve decided to take a break from the rat race and take a few months off to travel and “find myself” (I’m hoping that will be at the bottom of a wine glass in some exotic location 😉 ).
To kick things off I’m heading off on a Euro trip covering 6 countries, starting this Sunday 30 June!
I’ve used Travellerspoint.com‘s little travel mapping tool to plot my route for you guys:
- I kick things off by flying out to Amsterdam where I will be livin’ the life on a super cool house boat.
- Then I hop onto a train to Belgium for this year’s Rock Werchter festival. 4 days, 3 stages & more bands than you can ever imagine. It’s gonna be insane.
- From Belgium it’s off to Paris, just for a quick stopover. I’ve been to Paris before, but it will be nice to visit again. The reason for this little detour is because the flights from here to Ibiza are cheaper…
- Yup that’s right, Ibiza! 6 nights of solid partying and 7 days chilling on the beach. It’s gonna be tough. But someone’s gotta do it.
- From Ibiza it’s over to Barcelona, a city I’ve been dying to see for a few years now, so I’m particularly excited about this one.
- From Barcelona I’m also visiting some other amazing Spanish cities: San Sebastian, Madrid & Seville.
- Then I leave Spanish borders behind to check out Prague. It’s supposed to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. But we’ll see how it stacks up.
- And then my last stop is London where I plan on doing a lot of shopping. Even if that means I have no money left for food. #priorities
I’m back home mid August. But don’t worry, I’ve got some posts scheduled to keep things going here on the blog AND I plan on blogging about my trip as well (wherever free Wi-Fi allows).
So don’t go anywhere people…
For the first few weeks of this expedition (up to Barcelona), I will be travelling with two crazy friends from Cape Town, and after that I will be going it alone. For those first few weeks however, my friends and I have come up with our own hash tag, so it will be easy to follow our adventures on Twitter. It goes like this:
It’s a combination of our names – ironic that our names would spell out the word “vodka”. Definitely a sign of things to come I’d say… But yeah, first you have Victoria, who we know as “Vo”, then Darryn, who makes up the “D” and me, the “Ka” part is for Karisa of course.
And that’s my story guys. I’m really excited, I can’t wait to get going and I’m sure I’ll have lots of fun stories to share along the way. But don’t fear, the mother city will always be my number 1. So if I say stuff like “wow this place is so beautiful”, the hidden message behind that will always be “but not as beautiful as Cape Town”.
PS. You can also follow me on Instagram: CTmylove.