The Pigalle SUPPERCLUB series which kicked off on 14 August is now in full swing and I was lucky enough to finally make my way over there last Thursday eve to catch Zebra & Giraffe rocking it out on the Pigalle stage.
Just to recap (for those who missed my feature & ticket giveaway back in August) – SUPPERCLUB is based on the cabaret concept of the American 1930s & 40s and aims to recreate the atmosphere of the NY underground jazz club scene of that time.
The evening’s activities include a 3 course menu (created by head Chef Paul Flitchet), along with a Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve whisky-based cocktail pairing, and then also some live entertainment in the form of a different SA band at each session.
Now I hadn’t been to Pigalle in quite a few years, and I must admit, I had forgotten how beautiful this restaurant is. It’s total glamour from the moment you walk in the door and the ambience has a bit of an old Hollywood feel:Food wise, their special SUPPERCLUB menu has a little something for everyone (with 3 options for every course): The house band keeps you entertained until about 8:30, after which the featured band for the evening takes the stage. Zebra & Giraffe did a slightly more chilled down set to their usual onstage vibe, but it suited the SUPPERCLUB atmosphere perfectly. Lead singer, Greg Carlin, also completely made my week by doing a cover of my favourite song of all time – Chris Isaak’s Wicked Game. #HappyDance All round this was a great evening out in the Mother City & an extra special dinner and live music treat. If you’re interested in catching the next one, take note of the following:
- Date & lineup info: 23 Oct – Taxi Violence
- Tickets are R290 pp and includes the 3 course dinner, Johnnie Walker whisky pairing (one cocktail per person – additional drinks will be a separate cost) and show.
- Tickets can be purchased via: Webtickets over here OR by calling Pigalle on 021 421 4848
- Pigalle is located at: 57A Somerset Road, Green Point (parking & main entrance at the back of the building)
- And things kick off at 7pm