On Saturday evening I decided to try out the (relatively) new Cape Town Comedy Club in the V&A Waterfront.
It’s of course not a completely new thing… Cape Town Comedy Club was previously known as Jou Ma Se Comedy Club, which used to have a home over at the River Club. I attended two of three of their comedy evenings over there, but hadn’t yet had the chance to check out their new setup.
With my folks in town for a few days, I figured this was the perfect opportunity to give it a bash…
The verdict? Very very cool indeed. I love the new space. It’s got a great vibe and being right in the middle of a hot tourist spot, I’m sure they get a whole lot of international foot traffic as well (something which I’m guessing didn’t really happen at their old venue).restaurant & bar menu over here. And then you’re in for a solid comedy lineup with each evening features a host, a headline act, a supporting act, an open mic act and sometimes even a guest act (we for example had a comedian all the way from Wales).
Things you need to know:
- They are open every Wed – Sun
- Doors open at 6pm & the show starts at 8:30pm
- Tickets are R95 on Wed/Thu, R120 on Fri/Sat, with a half price special on Sundays
- Tickets can be booked via their website or by calling them on 021 418 8880 / 079 495 3989
- The lineup changes all the time, so do have a look at their schedule over here
- They are located at The Pumphouse at the V&A Waterfront (Near the aquarium & Watershed market)
If you’ve been in need of some good laughter therapy, look no further.