I’ve been a fan of I ♥ My Laundry since they first opened over on Buitengraght St.
This laundry slash art gallery slash awesome dim sum & wine bar is a multi-tasking space which truly makes me happy…
Then when they opened a second branch over in Bree St, I decided to pop in there to also test drive their Fondue Evenings, and without a doubt, my love for them grew even more.
Now with their 3rd branch (and 1st franchisee one at that – say hi to Fiona when you pop in) right on my doorstep in Buitenkant St, I think this is the kind of love that will border on stalker vibes. 😉
Let me show you around (these pics were taken at their launch a few weeks back & you’ll see even Marilyn Monroe made it to the grand opening):
Cool space right? Here are some details you’ll want to take note of:
- Address: 50 Buitenkant St (right next to the Book Lounge on the corner of Roeland & Buitenkant)
- Contact Number: 078 105 6280
- Opening Hours: 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday
- Special events: Meat free Mondays, Tuesday laundry parties with wine and art (free wine tasting from 17:30 to 19:00) & Thursday fondue nights (bookings essential)
- Dim sum menu: 8 pieces for R40 – Meat free options (vermicelli, leek, kimchi, tofu, wild Chinese mushroom) and meat options (pork & cabbage, pork & celery, pork & coriander, pork & chives)
Then of course they’re also a fully functional laundry:
- Wash, dry & fold: 0 to 5kg @ R60 per load, +5 @ R12 per kg.
- And they also do dry cleaning, alterations, dyeing & ironing.
There are soooooo many reasons to pay them a visit, so do it, do it now.