With the warmer weather finally upon us, why not celebrate with a good wine fest? Luckily Durbanville Hills Wines has you covered with their annual Season of Sauvignon which will be taking place next Saturday & Sunday, 25 and 26 October 2014.
With their location high up on the Durbanville hills, they’ve got some of the best views in town, making it the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic on the lawn while sipping on some beautiful wine.
Over the 2 days you can expect to taste some lovely wines produced in the Durbanville Hills valley. This will include the recently released Durbanville Hills Sauvignon Blancs along with those from other wineries in the area. There will also be some activities to keep the little ones busy, a variety of food, as well as sensory wine tasting sessions which include an assortment of nibbles which have been carefully paired with a selection of Dubranville Hills wines to highlight the effect of the taste on the wines.
The Durbanville Hills Restaurant will also be open for breakfast and lunch and you can pre-book picnic baskets to enjoy whilst live music keeps you company out on the lawn.
For all the rugby fans: Don’t stress, as the Currie Cup final will also be screened.
Sound good? Then take note of the following:
- When? 25 and 26 October, 10:00 to 17:00
- Where? Durbanville Hills Wines (get directions over here)
- Cost? Entry is free. BUT the following costs do apply:
– Wine tasting at R50 per person, including a crystal glass to take home
– The sensory wine tastings will be taking place on both days at 11.30 and 14.30. The tasting costs R40 per person and includes a voucher for purchases at the wine shop.
– Bookings are essential for picnics, the sensory wine tasting and are recommended for breakfast and lunch in the restaurant. For more information or to book contact Simone Brown on 021 558 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m gonna be joining them for the Saturday session, so hopefully I’ll see some of you guys there.