This Saturday 24 Jan the Stellenbosch Slow Market is celebrating man’s best friend.
Everyone’s invited to bring along their pampered pet (small to medium sized doggies only please) to take part in their doggie parade AND to compete in competitions where they can win coveted titles like Most Beautiful Dog, Most Energetic, and Most Character.
SA’s most famous celebrity dog, Bob (of SABC3’s Expresso breakfast show) will be attending as a VIP on the day, and Expresso will also be filming an insert of all the doggie celebrations. This means that if your canine family member becomes a winner on the day, he/she will be able to add “TV Star” to their resume.Leading pet food manufacturer, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, will be sponsoring a variety of prizes on the day ranging from bags of food, treats and other goodies, and the parade will be taking place at 11h00 on the lawns of the Oude Libertas Estate.
Over and above all the canine action, market visitors can of course still enjoy all the usual culinary delights the market has to offer.
Canine rules on the day include:
- Dogs are to be kept on a short, non-expandable leash and close to owners at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed in the stall areas at any time and must be kept away from food samples, customers’ shopping bags and table surfaces where food is enjoyed.
- Owners are responsible for their dogs at all times and the behaviour of their pets should be curbed if it barks, snarls of snaps at customers or other dogs.
- Owners are responsible for keeping their pets hydrated and cleaning up after them.
For more information, visit www.slowmarket.co.za, call +27 21 886 8514, or email firstname.lastname@example.org – You can also get updates on Facebook (SlowMarket) or Twitter (@TheSlowMarket)
And finally, here’s a summary of all the need-to-knows:
- When? Saturday, 24 January 2015 – 9am to 2pm (Dog parade at 11am)
- Where? Oude Libertas Estate, Stellenbosch (Corner of Oude Libertas Road & Adam Tas Road, Stellenbosch)
- Entrance cost? FREE (and lots of parking available)