The Diemersfontein – Pinotage On Tap festival is hands down one of the most fun days out in the winelands humanly possible.
Not only is there literally Pinotage on tap… All. Day. Long… (yes! Think large barrels scattered around the venue with little taps that pour this most heavenly liquid to your heart’s content) But you also get a goodie bag, lunch, dessert & 2 live bands. What’s not to love?
Here’s a summary of the need-to-know:
- Venue: Diemersfontein Wine Estate, Wellington, Western Cape
- Bands: Opening Band: Grassy Spark. Main Band: Crash Car Burn
- Times: Gate open: 12h30. Event ends: 19h00
- Tickets: R 410 (Ticket Only). R 925 (Ticket + a case of Pino). Both available via Computicket over here.
- Your ticket buys you: Goodie bag on arrival, endless flowing Pinotage wine on tap, lunch, dessert & live music.
Of course the only problem with having access to flowing wine all day is that it’s a risky endeavor, particularly without a survival plan. So with that in mind, here’s my survival guide to Pinotage On Tap 2015:
- DO NOT wear white (or any light colour for that matter). Red wine stains. And if you don’t spill on yourself, somebody else very likely will. Black really is your best friend here. #TrustMe
- If it’s a sunny day, DO remember to pack some sunscreen. Red cheeks need to be from the wine only.
- DO try to have a few glasses of water in between your many glasses of wine. Because… dehydration is not fun.
- DO pace yourself. You do not want to be that person who passes out 2 hours into the day.
- On the topic of passing out, if you do need to pass out, pick a quiet spot. DO NOT pass out in the middle of all the action. You will become a social media sensation.
- Responsible drinking is the name of the game. So whatever you do, DO NOT drink & drive. Rather make use of the festival transport options. iTrip can drive you home in your own car, or you can make use of the bus service there & back. Do check out the Diemersfontein event page over here for details on how to book these.
Other than that, have an awesome time!
I haven’t been able to go the last 2 years, but I do have 2 festivals under my belt. I’m very excited to be making that 3 this year. My wine fitness training has been in full swing all year… 😉 #ImReady