The Cape Town Sixes is a 2 day cricket & cultural festival taking place this weekend on the 19th and 20th of March.
The festival features 2 days of exciting amateur cricketing action with 7 cricket leagues & guest performances by ex-Protea legends like Meyrick Pringle, Allan Donald, Justin Kemp & Aubrey Martin with ex-Protea player Brett Schultz getting involved as an umpire, a food of the nations village serving up delicious food from the world’s great cricketing countries, a kids & family area, and then a grand finale music concert on the Sunday evening featuring legendary South African band, Mango Groove, Jimmy Nevis, The Kiffness and Rory Elliot.
With the Monday being a public holiday, this is a great way to shake up your long weekend folks…
All the action will be going down at the Greenpoint Cricket Club over the 2 days with the concert kicking off on the 20th at 6:30pm.
Comedian & radio personality, Dalin Oliver, will be the MC for the weekend and will also be playing in one of the league teams. And then there’ll also be a ‘Bigger Than Me’ precinct which will be highlighting social development projects that are improving quality of life in and around Cape Town.
Tickets for the Cape Town Sixes are available from www.capetownsixesfestival.com with the following options:
- Full Weekend Festival pass: R220-00 to R350-00
- VIP Festival tickets: R250-00 to R500-00
- Saturday Festival pass: R70-00 to R150-00
- Sunday Festival pass including live concert: R150-00 to R250-00
BUT I have 5 double sets of Full Weekend Festival Passes (including the Sunday night concert) valued at R350 each to give away.
Hey @CTmylove I’d love to attend the @cptcricketsixes this weekend #LoveCricketWin
(Or if you’re not on Twitter, copy & paste the tweet as a blog comment below)
Then just take note of the following T&Cs:
- Travel to/from the event is for your own cost
- Only one entry per person
- Entries close at midnight on Wed, 16 March 2016
- The winners will be determined by lucky draw & will be announced here on my blog and on Twitter/FB on Thu, 17 March 2016
- There will be 5 winners winning 2 full weekend passes each.
I’m away for a wedding this weekend, so will unfortunately be missing out. But if you’re in town and have nothing exciting planned, this should be on your radar for sure. Even if you don’t follow cricket, the Sunday eve concert makes it a must do for all.
So don’t delay – get those entries in!