Last week I popped into the Cayenne Spa which is located on the 8th floor of the Pepperclub Hotel & Spa (cnr of Pepper & Bree St, Cape Town CBD) to test drive their new “Soul of Africa” Mother’s Day special.
Now it is true that I’m not a mother, or even close to being a mother-to-be (I mean step 1 would be getting a boyfriend first), but how could I turn down an offer of an afternoon of pampering bliss, especially when it’s in the name of very important blog research… You see how hard I work for you guys. 😉Now to give you some background about the Cayenne Spa – they have 3 single treatment rooms and 1 couples treatment room, as well as a relaxation area, a fully equipped gym, a sauna and an outdoor pool. Let me show you around:
Beautiful space right? Their spa menu covers everything from general grooming, hands & feet and luxe facials, to a multitude of massage and body treatments. They even have a “Twinkle toes” pedi and a “Princess” mani for the little ones (ages 7 – 12 yrs). Too cute. But as I mentioned above, I was there for the Soul of Africa Mother’s day package which consists of the following:
- Revitalise and restore dull and dry skin, leaving it soft to the touch with an African Inkomfi Back Exfoliation. The treatment is followed by a choice between a Heated Stone or Shea Aroma Therapeutic Back, Neck & Shoulder massage to relax the body and calm the mind, before ending off with a Botanical Oil Facial.
- Treatment time: 90 minutes
- Treatment price: R 600.00
What I can tell you is that this is 90min of pure bliss. I don’t usually manage to drift off during treatments as my brain’s constantly making to-do lists of things I still need to tackle the rest of the day, but I fell asleep for a good portion of this session, feeling totally relaxed, warm & cosy, I really didn’t want to get up again. I also loved the Africology products that they used. They smell absolutely devine and left my skin super soft & glowing.
Would I recommend this treatment for your mom/wife/sister/friend? Hell yes. And while you’re at it, why not treat yourself as well.
They also have a 2nd mother’s day special called the African Experience:
- Indulge in an African infused Full Body Exfoliation, designed to restore and moisturise, before being treated to a deeply nourishing Herbal Oil Massage and a blissful Scalp Massage. Complete your experience with either an Express Manicure or Pedicure.
- Treatment time: 120 minutes
- Treatment price: R820.00
Now I can’t vouch for that one personally, but if the first one’s anything to go by, this one will be a goodie too. PLUS you’ll leave with pretty nails or toenails in addition.
After your treatment you can chill on a lounger next to the pool and they’ll bring you a cup of herbal tea and a muffin to snack on, compliments of the Cayenne Spa team, and then your only job is to relax and relax some more. Doesn’t that sound good?
These two Mother’s day specials are only valid until 30 May 2014. So hurry up and get your booking in now.
For bookings, you can contact the spa on:
- 021 812 8812
Their opening hours are as follows:
- Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat from 9am to 6pm
- Wed & Fri from 9am to 7pm
- Sun (during high season) from 10am to 4pm
You can also check out the full Cayenne Spa Menu over here if you feel like adding a little something extra to your treatment package, or if you just feel like paying them a non-mothers-day related visit.
Thanks to the Cayenne team for just being awesome, especially my treatment therapist, Maggie, who totally rocked my world.