For me, the Galileo Open Air Cinema is an absolute must every summer season. There’s just something so incredibly cool about being able to watch a movie outdoors with the stars as your ceiling.
Spread over 4 beautiful locations, it’s also relatively easy for most to check it out, because you can simply pick the cinema which is closest to your hood.
The 4 locations are as follows:
- Tuesday evenings: Hillcrest Quarry (Durbanville)
- Wednesday evenings: Kirstenbosch Gardens (Newlands)
- Thursday evenings: V&A Waterfront (Foreshore)
- 17 Jan / 7 Feb / 7 Mar / 11 Apr: Cape Winelands (Somerset West & Stellenbosch)
They have a full movie programme running all the way through to April 2015, covering old classics, new favourites, date night movies, and family friendly fun. Click on the links above to have a look at each venue’s schedule as well as the various food & drinks options available at each. (yup, this is a full-house outdoor experience)
Tickets are available via Webtickets over here:
- Standard ticket: R70
- Plus blanket: R79
- Plus backrest: R88 (I always go for this option because it’s easy to bring your own blanket, but that backrest really does make things nice & comfy)
- Plus blanket & backrest: R95
Some of the movies which have caught my eye include ET (yes yes, I’ve seen it like a million times, but I still love it so much), Eat Pray Love, Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Devil Wears Prada, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Ghostbusters, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Notting Hill, Snatch, Edward Scissorhands, Zoolander, Titanic, Braveheart, Grease, Pretty Woman, Pulp Fiction & Bridget Jones’ Diary… so yeah, I’ve got a lot of planning to do…Hopefully I’ll see you guys at the movies & also: Happy Friday!