Looking for something to score some major points with that special person (or maybe even hopefully soon to be special person) in your life? Then look no further than the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa‘s popular Dinner & Movie evenings.
For only R475 per person you will enjoy:
- A delectable 3 course fine fining dinner at their gorgeous Azure restaurant
- Followed by a VIP silver screen experience in their super cozy 16-seather cinema
Their monthly movie schedule has a little something for everyone, from recent blockbusters, to rom-coms, drama & suspense and even a few cinema classics. You can have a look at June’s cinema schedule over here.
The 3 course movie-goers menu has been specially created by Executive Chef Christo Pretorius and features dishes like Bea Tollman’s famous homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (Bea is the Carnation Hotel Collection Founder and President – just so you know), the Catch of the Day served with beer-battered mussels, roast butternut, vanilla bean, braised mung beans, baby marrow and Malay spiced velouté, Graaf Reinet Blesbok, Cape Malay Chicken curry and more (with special options available for vegetarians as well). Have a look at the dinner menu over here.
Guests are encouraged to make their way over to the cinema where they will be able to enjoy their dessert just in time for the start of the film. But things don’t just end there – during the movie you can enjoy a full spread of snacks that includes popcorn, sweets, ice cream and the option of either a rich hot chocolate or a creamy milkshake of the day. (Glutony here we come!)
For those who also wish to work in an overnight stay – they also offer a special Overnight Dinner & Movie package which also includes a lavish breakfast the next morning complete with fresh oysters and sparkling wine. These start from only R1455 per person, so it’s definitely something to consider.Sound good? Then just take note of the following:
- The movie schedule changes every month
- There are 3 dinner screenings daily: 17:30, 20:30 & 22:30 (Screenings are not exclusive unless you manage to do a group booking that fills all 16 seats of course. So you’ll be enjoying the movie with fellow diners & hotel guests)
- Bookings are essential and you can secure yours by calling them on 021 437 9029 or by sending an email to email@example.com
I’ve done this dinner & movie special at least twice already and I can confidently say the following: 1) It’s fantastic 2) Be sure to wear stretchy pants or any kind of loose fitting clothing – you’ll need the extra space. 😉