Do you love tasty seafood, deep-fried everything & sticky BBQ’d goodness? Then you’re going to freakin’ love The Deckhouse Crab Shack & BBQ which has found a home at 108 Kloof St (where the old Jackal and Hyde used to be).
When I got the invite to attend the launch which took place last week, it took me all of about 2 seconds to respond “Hell yeah!”. I mean crab shack & BBQ?? I just knew this was going to be a goodie…As far as decor goes, they’ve gone for a casual nautical theme. I particularly liked the rowing boats that have been converted into couches. Such a cool touch. For the deck area, they’re kitting the place out with heaters until the weather warms. But I just know this area is going to be completely packed come summer.
We were given our plastic bibs (a must of course), told to sit back and relax… And to prepare for the big eat…
Now during this big eat we basically got to try various items from the menu which they brought out on platters. This included:For dessert, I didn’t catch this baby’s name – but it was basically like a Cinnabon and a milkshake had a baby… And it was beautiful: Stand outs? Well to be honest, I really loved everything… Yup, everything. On the menu you’ll also find some other interesting options, like:
- Crab cakes served with tomato & pineapple salsa (R85)
- Cheesy corn dogs (R40 – R115 for 3 to 9)
- Shrimp & prawns Caesar salad (R70 for starter, R150 for main)
- The Buckets (shrimp popcorn, Jim Beam buffalo wings, crayfish tails, or steamed prawns – prices ranging from R45 – R230 depending on your choice of bucket & bucket size which for some options can be up to 1kg)
- The Crabby Pot (whole crayfish, snow crab, mussels, prawns & sausage – all steamed in the sauce of your choice – R325)
- Soft shell crabs (R30 each)
- Seared Tuna Burger (with chilli, avo & sour cream – R95)
- NY Strip Steak (250g – R105)
Basically like I mentioned above – this is seafood, deep-fried & BBQ heaven.
It’s actually so good that I’m heading back there this eve with a group of girlfriends. And yes, I will be wearing stretchy pants or a dress with extra space. 😉
To book your seat at The Deckhouse Crab Shack & BBQ – contact them on: 021 424 1020. They are open
Monday – Sunday, 8 am – 10 pm.
Oh and for those who like a good happy hour special – check out their half price pitchers week days between 16:00 and 17:30.
Now like they say at the crab shack: Have a crackin’ time everbody!