The Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts have become such a Cape Town staple, that to be honest, I simply can’t picture summer without it.
This is exactly why I’m verrrry excited to share their 2015/2016 line-up with you guys which is kicking off as soon as this Sunday, 22 Nov, and will then be running until 3 Apr 2016.
Sundays just got pimped yo! No more sad Carte Blanche couch sessions. No more! Are you with me?
Of course you are… So just take note of the following:
- Tickets range between R80 – R150 (except for the Christmas carols sessions which are R20 – R100, the NYE concert which is R330, and The Parlotones on 3 Jan which is R140 – R175).
- Tickets are available via Webtickets over here OR from the Kirstenbosch ticket office from the Tuesday before each concert, but ONLY if tickets are not sold out online.
- Gates open at 16h00 and the concerts are held between 17h15 / 17h30 and 19h00.
- And rain don’t stop nothin’ you hear. The concert will go on and refunds are not issued. So if the weather’s looking a bit suspect, come prepared.
So what’s on the line-up this year? Lots and lots of cool options:
- 22 Nov: Freshlyground
- 29 Nov: Zonke Dikana
- 6 Dec: Arno Carstens
- 13 Dec: Mango Groove
- 17, 18, 19, 20 Dec: Carols at Kirstenbosch
- 27 Dec: Jimmy Nevis
- 31 Dec: New Year’s Eve concert: Jeremy Loops / Grassy Spark
- 3 Jan: The Parlotones
- 10 Jan: Prime Circle
- 17 Jan: Karen Zoid and Francois van Coke
- 24 Jan: Mi Casa
- 31 Jan: The Soil
- 7 Feb: Cape Town Folk ‘n Acoustic Music Festival
- 14 Feb: Matthew Mole / Rubber Duc
- 21 Feb: Goldfish
- 28 Feb: The Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra
- 6 Mar: Shortstraw / The Plastics
- 13 Mar: Al Bairre / Bye Beneco
- 20 Mar: Zebra & Giraffe / Monark
- 21 Mar: Jack Parow /PHFAT at Kirstenbosch NBG
- 27 Mar: Beatenberg / John Wizards
- 3 Apr: December Streets / The Vanilla
Also checkout the official line-up poster over here.Book those seats now people… You know you want to.