I recently checked out their new Summer menu and have done all the painfully hard work of investigating which dishes I think you should choose. (I do this all for you guys of course, not just because I freakin’ love to eat) 😉
The menu kicks off with 3 courses that are set:
- Summer snacks: Cured linefish with celeriac, beetroot Thoran ravioli, cashews and coconut, red onion bhaji, dukkah mayonnaise
- Vichyssoise: Mussels, pickled apple, semi dried grapes and curry oil
- Heirloom tomato salad: Onion essence, basil ice and buffalo mozzarella
Then there are 3 more courses where you have some options for each:
- Glazed pork belly: Turnip spaghetti carbonara, cured egg yolk and sage beurre noisette
Tuna carpaccio: Black garlic mayonnaise, umami dressing and ashed cucumber
Pea and barley risotto: Puffed barley, shaved asparagus, pickled kohlrabi, fromage blanc and watercress pesto
MY SUGGESTION? Go for the pork belly. I didn’t, and I seriously regretted it.
- Duck: Hay smoked beets, pine nuts, glazed mushrooms, cherries, wood sorrel and parmesan twigs
Roasted Sea bass: Tomato fondue, fennel, carrot fondant, smoked aubergine puree, artichoke and sauce bourride
Barbecued sweetcorn: Chimichurri, sweetcorn polenta, burnt onion ketchup and pea shoot tempura
MY SUGGESTION? Go for the duck. I loved it.
- Tiramisu: Mascarpone ice cream, coffee granita, almond sponge, dehydrated chocolate, amaretto gel
Cheese picnic: Stout bread, tomato chutney, pickled onion and crackers
MY SUGGESTION? The Tiramisu. I opted for the cheese picnic because I thought the tiramisu sounded a bit boring. But it’s tiramisu like you’ve never had before.
So there you have it. Now you know exactly what to order. All that’s left now is to make your booking. To do that, take note of the following:
- Cost: 6 courses R395 per person (or R645 with wines)
- Just note: The tasting menu is available for the whole table only just to keep things efficient.
- Contact them on: 021 433 085
- And then you’ll find them here: 78 Regent Road, Sea Point