As part of their new winter braai colab series (which kicked off on 1 May and will be running through to September), The Village Idiot is hosting a Mother’s Day lunch event with Springfield Estate this Sunday, 8 May.
Springfield will host a tasting table from 1 – 4pm where their awesome wines will be available by the glass and the bottle (with some cellar door specials thrown in the mix if you wish to take a few bottles home).
Then there will be a Surf & Turf Spit Roast and Braai on the patio. Just look at this tempting menu – available for R140 per person:
- Karoo Lamb Spit roasted and fish sosaties on the Braai brushed with Chilli,garlic and fennel butter
- Served with pickled squid, fennel bulb and red onion.
- Roast potatoes, radish and Fennel
- Butternut, sage and chilli
- Cauliflower, broccoli and bacon
- Side dishes – roast beetroot, red onion, cream cheese and watercress Salad
Then you can throw in some dessert for an extra R40:
- Malva pudding served with apple & cinnamon Ice Cream
* A complimentary dessert & glass of Springfield Miss Lucy will be served to mom
Doors open 12 noon, Roast ready from 1pm. Then you can also stay on for Idiot Happy Hours from 5-8pm where all booze is half price. #winning
Booking is not essential & walk-ins are always welcome. BUT to avoid disappointment reservations are recommended, so rather give them a call on 021 418 1548 or email them at email@example.com.