Over the years they’ve also expanded and I see they now have a 6 day a week schedule with lots of new venue options. High five to that! Here’s a breakdown:
- Tuesdays: Hillcrest Quarry (Durbanville)
- Wednesdays: Kirstenbosch Gardens
- Thursdays: V&A Waterfront (Croquet Lawn above Ulundi parking lot)
- Fridays: Rotating venues in Cape Town (like the Castle of Good Hope, Central Park at Century City & more)
- Select Saturdays: Cape Winelands (various venues on select Saturdays only)
- Family Sundays: Kelvin Grove in Newlands (selected Sundays over the school holidays)
You can check out their full movie lineup over here. There’s also a special Christmas screening happening on Christmas Day featuring the Will Ferrell movie, Elf.
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Standard: R79 (entry only)
- Warm: R87 (entry + blanket)
- Comfy: R95 (entry + backrest)
- Warm & Comfy: R100 (entry + blanket + backrest)
- VIP: R159 (entry + blanket + backrest + reserved premium seating, popcorn, a Savanna & sweets)
I always opt for the Comfy option because that backrest really is a must. The VIP option is also a nice treat because you don’t have to stress out about getting there early enough to get a good spot.
Tickets can be bought at the door (R90 for entry, R10 for a blanket and R20 for a backrest. No VIP) but they almost always sell out before, so don’t bank on that option. Rather buy your tickets online via Webtickets over here to avoid disappointment.
Other things you need to know:
- Doors open at 6pm from Tuesday to Friday, at 5pm on Saturdays and 4pm on Sundays.
- Come early though! Not just to get a good spot on the lawn, but also to enjoy some of the delicious food and drinks on sale at their local artisanal food market.
- 7.45pm – 8.30pm: Movie starts. Start times vary depending on the time that the sun sets.
- Light drizzle won’t stop the movie from going ahead, so do take some rain cover. But if the weather is really bad and they have to cancel, you can just pick another movie on another night. Easy peasy.
- No chairs/backrest are allowed to be brought in.
- No booze allowed at the winelands & Hillcrest Quarry venues.