Noordhoek’s Cafe Roux has been a much-loved spot for live music, comfort food & soaking up the sunshine since its opening back in 2006. But for us city dwellers, there’s some good news, because now the CBD also has its very own Cafe Roux in Shortmarket Street.
I popped my head in for their grand opening about 2 weeks ago and I must say, the space is very very cool…
It’s a space that allows you to get up-close and personal with their lineup of amazing SA artists and up & coming talent – something which really isn’t that common in town and is therefore a welcome addition to the live music options currently available.
Let me show you around:
- Thursday 8 December: Nomadic Orchestra
- Friday 9 & Saturday 10 December: Majozi
- Tuesday 13 December: Alice Phoebe Lou
- Wednesday 14 December: Nait Mainguard
- Thursday 15 December: Arno Carstens
- Friday 16 December: HOTWATER TRIO
- Saturday 17 December: Ard Matthews
- Monday 19 December: Tailor
- Tuesday 20 December: ISO Unplugged.
- Wednesday 21 December: Matthew Gold
- Thurs 22 December & Friday 23 December: Watershed
- Tuesday 27 December: Hatchetman
- Wednesday 28 December: Stone Jets
- Thursday 29 December: Mike McCully and the Harmonix
- Friday 30 December: Michael Lowman
FOR ALL SHOWS: Dinner is served from 18h30/19h00 until 20h00, and then the show kicks off at approx. 20h30.
You can also have a look at the Cafe Roux Cape Town lineup online over here for more details about the various acts. Tickets are available via Webtickets over here and range from R80 to R250, depending on the show. ALSO, when making a booking through webtickets, you will automatically get a table in your booking name based on the number of tickets you have booked.
So what are you waiting for? Start booking now people! Also do take note of the following need-to-knows:
Address: 74 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town CBD (between Loop & Long)
Contact them on: 061 339 4438 or Vanessa@caferoux.co.za / Michael@caferoux.co.za
They are open: Tue – Sat 4:30pm to 2am